Sunday, May 20, 2012

Reflection & A New Goal

So in the past 6months, I have expanded my professional background. In addition to the beloved Zumba, I am certified in Drum's Alive, Personal Training, and as of this past weekend Tai Chi & Team Boot Camp. Each program has their benefits and I cannot wait to incorporate each piece into my workouts for others.

I am so blessed to have come so far...it has been 5 years since I have officially kept my weight off (May 07-May 2012). Don't get me wrong, there has been moments of weakness (darn cupcakes!) & a few sneaky pounds, but for the most part my motivation & will power have remained and I continue to push myself to become stronger & healthier each day. Every day I walk into the gym, I make it a point to remember what it felt like to be 190lbs, to remember that day I saw a reflection I did not want to see again, and to remember the day I decided to make a lifestyle change.

I am now about to embark on a new challenge! The other day at the gym, one of my Zumba ladies asked me if I had competed in a strength competition a few weekends ago. The answer was "no". I learned that apparently there was a girl there that looked like me competing. I took a few moments to ask about the details and strength requirements. It sounded like a challenge....push ups, burpees, farmer's walk, sled pushes & pulls, relays, etc. As she was describing the program, I think my face looked like a child's on Christmas morning....pure excitement!! So here it is, my new goal....to compete in a team strength competition this Fall.

It is going to be difficult and, no doubt, painful...but in all health goals I am going to look at the end result! Hopefully by Fall I will be one strong chic! I am going to make it a point to chart my progress & set backs on my blog, because let's face it...you will keep me accountable!



No comments:

Post a Comment